Wednesday 1 January 2014

Review: The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot [No Spoilers]




Title: The Princess Diaries
Author:  Meg Cabot
Series: The Princess Diaries (#1)
Publisher: Macmillan
Rating: 5/5 Stars



 Goodreads-badge-add-plus




'You're not Mia Thermopolis any more, honey,' Dad said. I raised my head. 'I'm not?' I said, blinking. 'Then who am I?' He went, kind of sadly, 'You're Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo, Princess of Genovia.'

A PRINCESS??
ME???

Yeah, right.

One minute Mia's totally normal. Next minute she's heir to the throne of Genovia.

Well, her dad can lecture her until he's royal-blue in the face, but no way is Mia going to behave like some posh princess. And they think she's moving to Genovia? Er, hello?


(From Goodreads)

Source: I own a copy.

This is an actual re-read for me. I read this when I was in secondary school ( a long time ago now. Well, that's what it feels like to me, haha).

I was actually watching the Disney movie based on the book, and that's what made me want to read the book again. 
It definitely is like a fresh breath of air. It's nice to get away and go and read something that you read when you were younger. It's like entering an old world that you escaped in many times.

The Princess Diaries is the first book in the series by the amazing Meg Cabot, who has captivated me for years with her amazing stories and ideas. 

It's no surprise why this series is famous really. Meg's writing is fantastic!

Mia Thermopolis is a funny character. She is the main protagonist, and she is just hilarious! She over-exaggerates everything, and that's what really makes her character. She is an over-thinker and is invisible until it's revealed that she is a princess. She loves animals, and is content with her cat Fat Louie, who I also love. 

Lily is Mia's best friend. She is very loyal and smart.  Sometimes she can go a bit over the top, but underneath she is  genuine person.

Michael is cute and a secret genius. He has hidden talents. I just love him <3

I love this story as it's a great way to see how Mia adapts to the situation, and you can really see her bloom and mature. She turns into a better person throughout the book. 

You go on a journey with Mia as she practices becoming a princess in this story. 

The chapters are nice and short. It's structured like it's a diary, as we - as a reader - are meant to be reading her diary.

As I was reading, I just wanted to continue.

At the beginning we are introduced to Mia and her life. 

The ending of the book was perfect. I can't wait to re-read the rest of the books.

Overall, I gave this book five stars as I just loved it the second time round. I definitely recommend this series!


I hope you have enjoyed this review.
 

Happy reading =)
 

~Katie~

No comments:

Post a Comment