Monday 23 September 2013

Review: No Such Thing as Forever by Ali Cronin


Title: No Such Thing as Forever
Author: Ali Cronin
Publisher:
Razorbill

Series: Girl Heart Boy (Book #1)
Rating: 3/5 Stars





Synopsis:
Cass is Ms Monogamy. Ashley is a player. Donna is a party girl. But what about Sarah?

Her friends tease her for being uptight, but she's waiting for the one. Now she's found him, but is he forever - or is Sarah just his summer fling?






My thoughts: 

 I borrowed this book from my local library.

~Storyline~

The storyline is about a summer fling between two people, but one person doesn't want anything serious. It contains romance, friendship and betrayal. I thought the storyline was OK. I didn't enjoy it, but I didn't exactly hate it.


~Cover~

The front cover gives off a very romantic vibe. The two people are very intimate, and the title is clear because of the very bright font.


~Synopsis~ 

When reading the synopsis I wanted to know more about this summer fling, and the guy involved.


~Characters~

Sarah - The main protagonist, and I found her to be the most annoying of all. She was so whiney and pathetic that I wanted to jump into the book and wrap my hands around her neck, or slap her. She "fell in love" with Joe way too quickly.
Ashley, Donna - Sarah's friends, and they really care about Sarah. I liked them both.
Joe - What an absolute sleazeball. I hated him so much. 
Mimi - Bitch. She needed a slap too.
Ollie & Jack - Great guy mates.



~Structure~

The chapters are a decent length and it's written in first person. I just wish Sarah wasn't such an annoying person to be telling the story.


~Writing~

The writing style is easy to understand and clear.



~Title relevance~ 

"No Such Thing as Forever" meaning: nothing lasts forever. Romances don't all last. Forever is a long time. It was a good title relevance.


~Beginning~

The beginning of the book was really good. I was introduced to all the characters, and the summer fling between Joe and Sarah was described to me. Like how they met, etc.


~Ending~

The ending had me curious. Will something happen between a certain two characters?


~Rating & overall thoughts~

Overall it was an OK read. I found myself trying to finish the book as fast as I could because the main character annoyed me so much. I gave it three stars.


~Recommend?~

If you like reading summer fling romances, then give this a try. I hope you can learn to deal with Sarah though!

 
I hope you have enjoyed reading this review.



Happy reading =)

Goodreads-badge-add-plus
 

No comments:

Post a Comment