Friday 2 August 2013

Review: Eternity by Heather Terrell


Title: Eternity (Fallen Angel #2)
Author: Heather Terrell
Publisher:
HarperCollins 

Rating: 3/5 Stars

Synopsis:

 As Ellie comes to grips with her destiny as the Elect One, her relationship with Michael grows tense. When she meets a mysterious boy named Rafe, things get even more complicated.

Yet the time has come for the Elect One to stand against the group of evil fallen angels who are bent on destroying the world. In order to face the immeasurable malevolence heading her way, Ellie tries to put her personal life aside. But she soon learns that whoever holds her heart also holds the key to mankind’s salvation—or destruction. As the end days approach, Ellie is faced with an epic decision. Who does her heart really belong to? And is her love strong enough to save the world?

(From Goodreads)



My thoughts:  

This was a physical copy that I borrowed from my local library. 
Having read Fallen Angel by Heather Terrell, I wanted to carry on with the story, so I was looking forwards to it.
However, I was really disappointed. 
I found the beginning really slow. I just couldn't get into it whatsoever, and nothing was really happening. 
I also didn't like Michael's character very much in this. I found him to be really annoying. Even Ellie didn't come across as strong. 
However, the writing style is easy enough to understand, and the chapters are nice and short. 
It's also written in second person. 
I liked how they referred to Michael Angelo's painting in the story.
There was a certain mystery to the story with wondering what was going on with Michael, but at the same time I felt there was a lot of waiting around. 
It wasn't until the end when there was a lot more action. 
I like the front cover though. The colours mingle together, and the font is very angelic. 
The ending to the book was sweet as life is good. 
Overall it wasn't a good sequel.
If the characters and the storyline was stronger, then maybe I would have liked it more. 
In the end I gave this book three out of five stars as it was an OK read. 


Happy reading =)


Goodreads-badge-add-plus

No comments:

Post a Comment