Sunday 26 May 2013

Review: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead


Title: Vampire Academy
Author: Richelle Mead
Publisher: Penguin
Rating:  5/5 stars
Times read: 2

Synopsis:

Lissa Dragomir is a mortal vampire. She must be protected at all times from the fiercest and most dangerous vampires of all – the ones who will never die.
Rose Hathaway is Lissa’s best friend – and her bodyguard.
Now, after two years of illicit freedom, they’ve been dragged back inside the iron gates of St.Vladimir’s Academy. The girls must survive a world of forbidden romances, a ruthless social scene and terrifying night-time rituals.
But above all, they must never let their guard down, lest the immortal vampires take Lissa – forever 




(From Goodreads)





My thoughts:

This is a book that I own myself in both physical and e-book formats. 
I have read this book before, so this is a re-read for me. However, I haven't reviewed this book on the blog, so I thought it would be good to do one.
This is book one in the Vampire Academy series, and this series is most definitely one of my favourites. 
The storyline in itself is really interesting. I feel like there is a realistic feel to vampires. It doesn't feel too cheesy, and it's more believable. 
Rose is an awesome main character; she tells the story, and she is very kick-ass. She's very protective of Lissa (sometimes a bit too over protective, but she is after all training to be Lissa's guardian.
Lissa is a very sweet character. Although she does come across as quite innocent, she can take care of herself. 
Oh, Dimitri ... what can I say about this fine character? He is sexy, amazing, charming and just the best. Any girl is lucky if they ever get with him. He likes his job a lot, and is also caring. The bond between Dimitri and Rose is just flawless. 
I really like the connection between Rose and Lissa, and the fact that Rose can get into Lissa's head is quite interesting.
Rose tells the story well, and she descries everything perfectly. 
The beginning of the story had me hooked, and the ending left me feeling full of hope and happiness, as well as wanting to read the next book.
The cover to this edition is simple. You have the girl on the front smirking, and gates in front like they're the gates from the academy.
There wasn't anything I disliked from the novel. It's simply an amazing read, and that's why I gave it a well-deserved five star rating. 
I definitely recommend this book if you are into awesome characters, vampires and romance.

Video review:
 

Happy reading =) 

Goodreads-badge-add-plus

1 comment: