Sunday 5 May 2013

Review: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green



Title: The Fault in Our Stars
Author: John Green
Publisher: Penguin
Rating: 5/5 stars
Synopsis:

 Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.


(From Goodreads)








 My thoughts:

I was recommended this book and told it is amazing. It has upset so many people and reeled their emotions out. So I thought I'd give this book a bash to see if it will affect me, as I have never cried at a book before. 
So you have two main characters: Hazel and Augustus. Hazel tells the story, and she is absolutely hilarious. She is full of witty comments and had me laughing throughout. Augustus is a guy that I just wanted to meet. He was funny, sweet and kind. He most definitely went well with Hazel. They're seriously like one of the best couples EVER.
Isaac is Augustus' friend. He ends up going blind, but he doesn't let it fault him. All three of these characters have something wrong with them, but they all act like nothing is wrong with them and get on with their lives. I really admire that.
The cover of the book is nice and simple, plus it is my favourite colour: blue. 
The beginning of the book had me interested because of the writing style. 
The storyline was absolutely beautiful from start to finish. It honestly is amazing how a book can have such an effect on you. I was laughing, crying, sad, and many more emotions. 
The ending was hopeful, and left us in a place where we wonder what happens next. It was sweet yet sad, and it did make me shed some tears. 
This book has now become a definite favourite of mine. If you haven't read this book yet, then seriously, why haven't you?
It deserves the score that I gave it; that being five stars. I now want to try all of John Green's other books. I definitely recommend this to all. 

Video review:
 

Happy reading =) 
  

Goodreads-badge-add-plus

No comments:

Post a Comment