Thursday 23 May 2013

Review: Destiny's Fire by Trisha Wolfe


Title: Destiny's Fire
Author: Trisha Wolfe 
Publisher: Omnific
Rating: 5/5 stars

Synopsis:

It's the year 2040, and sixteen-year-old Dez Harkly is one of the last of her kind—part of a nearly extinct race of shape-shifters descended from guardians to the Egyptian pharaohs. Her home and her secret are threatened when the Council lowers the barrier, allowing the enemy race to enter the Shythe haven.
As the Narcolym airships approach, Dez and her friends rebel against their Council and secretly train for battle. Not only is Dez wary of war and her growing affection for her best friend Jace, she fears the change her birthday will bring. 
When Dez's newfound power rockets out of control, it's a Narcolym who could change her fate...if she can trust him.
Dez's guarded world crumbles when she discovers why the Narcos have really come to Haven Falls, and she's forced to choose between the race who raised her and the enemy she's feared her whole life.


 (From Goodreads)



My thoughts:

This is a book I purchased myself. 
The storyline was interesting as it's based in the future and is about shape shifters. I really enjoyed it, and it kept me interested throughout.
There are several characters in this book. The main character Dez is a very kick-ass character, and I really liked her personality. Although I did feel she was confusing with her feelings at times with Jace and Reese. I was like, "Girl, sort that out".
Jace is cute as he has a crush on Dez and he gets jealous easily. 
There was something about Reece that I just didn't like. He seems really sneaky and slimy, and Dez forgives him too easily. 
The front cover of this book is one of my favourites. I love how the colours around the title mingle together, and how the girl has a futuristic look about her. 
I liked the beginning of the book; how we are introduced to the characters and their abilities & bonds. 
The ending of the book is left unknown and I do want to continue on. 
The only thing I didn't like was the relationship between the characters Dez and Reece, and that's because I don't like Reece. 
The chapters are nice and short and it's told from Dez's point of view, which is interesting as we get to see her cope with her troubles. 
Overall it was a good read. I gave it five out of five stars, and I'd definitely recommend. 

Video review:



Goodreads-badge-add-plus

No comments:

Post a Comment